Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

Well the news people were right on this one... When they said there was going to be a blizzard here in Oklahoma they weren't kidding! 


14 INCHES OF SNOW!!! SNOWMYGOD!! 

The winter storm began on Monday night. It was the creepiest storm I have ever seen! It started Sleeting, then along came the lightning and thunder. By this point it was midnight and I was exhausted from work so I went to bed. When I woke up I bundled up to walk out onto my balcony. As I opened my door about 2 inches of snow fell into my apt. I walked outside and was completely SHOCKED! They weren't kidding when they said there was going to be about 14 inches of snowfall in the Tulsa area. They cancelled classes Tuesday and Wednesday. I was stuck in my apt with no where to go! I did alot of homework and watch Seasons 5 and 6 of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. Talk about Cabin Fever!!! I was going crazy! I wish I had been snowed in with some friends... That would have made it so much better. On Wednesday as I was sitting on the couch creeping on peoples facebook I saw some pictures my mom had taken of the snow and stuff! 

After a day of it being like this my dad and his neighbors had to get out and clean off the cars and sidewalks. My dad is from Chicago and it drives him crazy if it isn't shoveled outside! My dad and our neighbor Ashley were like 2 young boys playing with a toy. Instead of having the shovels out they were playing with the snow blower. 
Ashleys wife Megan was out there watching the, plow and decided to fall back and make a snow angel. That was when Ashley took it upon himself to face the blower in the right direction so all the snow would land on Meg! 
And of course while they are working so hard on cleaning the sidewalks they needed to stay hydrated too.
The neighbors on the other side of my parents house decided they wanted to get out of the house and have some fun. JB brought out his snowboard and his dogs and went for a little ride.
After 3 days of being stuck in my apt I had to get out. This morning I got a call from my aunt who said she would come and pick me up. Thank god for her Beast of a car. If I had spent any longer in the apt alone I would have gone completely crazy! I love snow days but I cannot wait till it melts and I can get together with my friends!! AHHHHHHHH

Well guys it looks like we all survived the Snowpocalypse of 2011! YAY!

Also Check out my Best Friends Blog! So Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment