Friday, December 3, 2010

Frumos România!

3 1/2 years ago I went on a trip that changed my life. Right before I graduated from high school I applied to go on a mission trip for the Orthodox Christian Mission Center to Cluj, Romania. A few days after graduation I got my acceptance letter. I was so excited I didn't know what to do. I was excited but nervous at the same time. This was going to be the first trip to another country, and I was to be traveling without any family with me. I decided what the heck! Im 18 years old and I can do it! I got a little presentation together and I presented my trip to the community at my church. Before I knew it, I had all the money I needed to get there.  My family and members of my church community were a big support. A couple weeks before I left my family hosted a dinner for me and another girl from our church who was going on a mission trip to Alaska. Before I knew it, it was July and it was time for me to leave. I said goodbye to family and friends and hopped on a plane to Jacksonville Florida. I was there for 3 days for the mission trip orientation. These 3 days I learned alot and got to know the group of people I was to be traveling with. Ron Moore was our group leader. Other members of the group included Steven Shippy, Delia Swords and Chris Dillion.  After 3 fun days in Florida it was time for us leave and head to Romania. On our way to the airport we stopped by the beach.
 After a very long flight we arrived in Cluj, Romania. The first few days we were in the city of Cluj. Here are some pictures of buildings.
After spending a few days in the City, we went to a couple villages and stayed at a few monasteries. The first monastery we went to was the Nicula Monastery.
Below is the oldest Monastery in Transylvania.  
The second Monastery we visted was called Casiel Monastery. After that we went to the Salt mine in Dej Romania. 
Inside the Salt mine there was a church built. I have been into alot of churches before, but I have never been in one so beautiful. 
The last monastery we went to was the Rohia Monastery. 
A few days later we left Cluj and went to the camp. At the camp we played alot of games and had alot of tun with the children. I met alot of nice people. 
After a week at the Camp we went back to Cluj to spend a few more days. We went to a few more churches and then on the last day we went to visit the orphanage. I fell in love with these children. If I hadn't been so young I would have considered adopting this little girl!

Im thinking about going on another Mission Trip. I was talking with my sister this evening and she wants to go on one too. Next summer we are thinking about going to work at the Hogar Rafael Ayau Orphanage in Guatemala City.I would love to be able to go on a trip with my sister. 

This Mission trip changed my life in so many ways and Im excited to share my experience with you! Hope you enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment