Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spiritual Odyssey

I know I promised a long time ago but I've been so busy I haven't been able to get around to blogging at all. So here you go. A little story about my perfect summer.

Christmas of 2010 I was sitting around opening presents with my family when my mom handed me a big yet very skinny present. I opened it to see this... 
It took me a while to realize what it was but once I figured it out I was the happiest girl out there. My parents told me that I would be going to Greece for the first time that summer. :-) That night I went over to my best friends house to celebrate Christmas with her family. I told her parents that I was FINALLY going to Greece and I wanted Jenny to come with me.  Growing up we had always talked about going to Greece together and here was our chance. A few months later we packed our bags and set off on a trip together we had always dreamed about. We flew into NYC the night before we were supposed to be leaving for Greece. The next morning we headed to the airport to meet up with the rest of the group. 

I had been told by many that the people I would meet on this trip would be in my life forever. Honestly I laughed. I would only be in Greece for 11 days, How was I going to get close to these people that fast. Well guess what, they were right. I talk to most of the people I went with almost every day. A few have even become some of my best friends. We were only there 11 days, but in those days we became a family.
I look back on those days and smile because that trip changed my life in so many ways. It might have been the dinners we had when Konstantine would order too much food, the dancing in the streets in Thessaloniki or all the Closed churches Father took us too one night. Could have been all the amazing churches we visited and the wonderful people we met. It could have been the fact that I was able to go to the same church my mother and uncle went to knowing that in 1979 something happened to my uncle that would change his life forever.  I really cant put into words how that trip changed my life but it did. I will never forget this summer or the people that I went with. The only thing I wish, is that I could see the people I went with more often. When we are together its like were back in Greece. We can sit around for hours and tell stories and laugh. 

There is so much more I could tell you about the amazing trip I went on, but that might take a while. So below im going to post a few pictures from my trip.
Here are only a few photos. I'll do my best to post some more. But now you know that I really did go on an amazing trip! 



No comments:

Post a Comment