Monday, January 24, 2011

My Life, My job...

"What makes a nanny special, is the content of the heart...
It starts with a love of children, what a beautiful way to start"


Growing up I always wanted to be a teacher. As far back as I can remember thats the only job I ever wanted. I am now in my 4th year of college and Im slowly getting closer to my dream job. I thought teaching would be the only job I ever wanted, But then I got the job I have now and I realized that there is more to life. In the summer of 2008 my cousin Jessica who was pregnant with Lucy at the time, was extremely bored sitting at home all day by herself. She asked me to come over one day and spend the day with her. Little did I know that day would change my life. I began to spend a lot of time with Jessica and the little peanut growing inside of her. Jessica is a lot older than me so growing up I was never really close to her. We would just hang out at the house and watch movies and TV shows. I am now officially addicted to Beverly Hill 90210. Now I can say that out of all my cousins, Im closer to her than anyone. When it got closer to her due date, she asked me if i would be interested in helping her with the baby. I was so excited. I love children ( hence the fact I want to be a teacher). 


Lucy Olivia was born on December 17, 2008. She was the cutest baby I had ever seen. I couldn't wait to start helping Jessica out with the baby. I had baby sat numerous times since I was 12 but I had never looked after a baby so little. The first day I went over to help out I was so NERVOUS! Lucy was only like a week old! I remember the first time Jessica left me alone with the baby. I was so scared!  Of course I got the hang of it. I then began the great job I have today. I started working 3 days a week, watching Miss. Lucy Olivia. I had a great year with her. I got to see her walk for the first time, and hear her first words. Then along came Miss. Penny Lane. Born January 28th 2010. Of course by then I was super nanny. I can take on any challenge these girls bring. I love spending my days with these girls. No matter what kind of mood I'm in they always manage to put a smile on my face. The best part of my job is the pictures and videos I capture of the girls. 





The week after Christmas I went to Dallas to stay with my best friend Paula. While I was away I needed to find someone to watch the girls. I had my best friend Megan watch the girls. While I was gone these were the pictures she sent me. 

I couldn't think of anyone I would trust more to watch these girls then Megan. I love her so much. She's a goof ball just like me! :-p

Well that's all for today. Hope everyone has a Great Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment